Happy First Friday of December!
In honor of it being December, I thought I’d choose a photo from my archives that would incorporate a little snow….because December = Christmas and Christmas = snow, right? Not exactly the case here in Oregon, but still…snow is festive and I like this photo, even though it was taken the day I messed up my knee snowboarding at Mt. Bachelor with Craig…but that’s a completely different story.
I’m babbling. Let’s get on with the blanks!
1. The holiday season is a time for good food with friends and family. It is a time to reflect and be thankful about all that we have been blessed with throughout the year .
2. Snow makes me excited for about 5 minutes and then annoyed and stressed out for the rest of the time, because nobody here in Portland knows how to drive in it and I’m pretty sure we’ve only got like two snowplows in the entire city. It gets pretty ridiculous .
3. The best comfort food to eat when it’s cold out is soup and french bread, and Craig makes some of the tastiest soup ever. Maybe I’ll share one of his recipes sometime. He’s hands-down the better cook in the house .
4. Winter is the best time for cozying up in front of the fire place with a warm beverage and cozy socks and avoiding the commercial chaos at the malls .
5. I can hardly wait for Christmas tree hunting up at Mt. Hood this weekend with The Hardesty’s! .
6. When it comes to holiday gifts I prefer to give them. I love watching people open a gift that I’ve spent time making or picking out. I also prefer to do DIY gifts or gifts of time. The last couple of years have been focused on getting back to what Christmas is really about and I think it’s made it so much better and less stressful! .
7. If I were to rate my excitement about the holiday season on a scale from 1-10, I would say I am at about a 6 or a 7. I like the holiday season, but we’ve just got so much going on this year and I’m feeling so tired that gift-making and decorating are kind of the last things I want to be doing right now (i.e. I’m probably just going to forgo the decorating and choose some simple DIYs this year…I’m pregnant, so I think I get a free pass this year) .
Hope you have a great first December weekend!
What are your plans?
What are your plans?